10 Thoughtful Mother’s Day Gifts May 04 2014
Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and there’s no excuse to give your Mom a less-than-awesome gift – step away from those air fresheners and gas gift cards! With all that moms do for us, this is the perfect occasion to spoil them with a truly wonderful gift.
10 of our Favourite Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- Flowers are a Mother’s Day must! A fresh, beautiful bouquet is the perfect springtime gift and a great way to show your mom you’re thinking of her. If your mom has a sweet tooth, then why not treat her to a chocolate bouquet instead? If you’re looking for a gift that lasts, then consider planting her a beautiful tree.
- Moms are always taking care of others, so make sure the tables are turned this year! A facial, manicure, pedicure or pampering session is a fantastic way to treat your mom to some much-deserved “me-time.” If you’re buying a gift for an expectant mom, then definitely treat them to a relaxing pre-natal massage.
- The Vintage Ruler Growth Chart is the perfect gift for moms with little ones at home. Crafted from sustainably grown and harvested Canadian pine, this handmade piece allows moms to track every growth spurt throughout the years. Not only does it fit into any decor from modern to country-style, but it goes with you when you move.
- Let your mom unwind and relax with a drink. A nice bottle of wine, especially paired with food and a spa giftcard, is a thoughtful gift and the perfect way to spoil your mom. We also recommend the incredible and beautifully packaged Art-Is-In gift box, which includes delicious granola, espresso beans, 4 assorted pastries, a dynamite half baguette, and a sourdough.
- Is your mom is a foodie at heart? Then you can’t go wrong with urban local food gifts, such as delicious spreads and baked goods. If you want to spend some quality time baking with your mom, then treat her to the Chef-at-Home gift box, which features amazing locally-sourced ingredients and an original recipe for a delicious Honey Vanilla Pound Cake.
- Help your mom kick back and de-stress with some luxurious bath and body products. The Stress Melter Gift Set is perfect for overworked and overtired moms; it lets them enjoy a calming, muscle-relaxant bath, a soothing hand massage and an antioxidant-rich facemask. We also love the Soy Lavender Lotion Candles, which burn into a healing, moisturizing lotion rich with Vitamin E.
- Does your mom love quality time together? Then spoil her with a giftcard to a fabulous restaurant, so the two of you can enjoy a delicious dinner and a night out together.
- A beautiful piece of fine jewelry is a timeless gift that will last for years. We recommend Bija Bijoux, a locally-owned jewelry store with incredible, hand-selected pieces at the best price. Everytime your mom puts on her stunning necklace, bracelet or ring, she will be reminded of you and your thoughtful gift.
- Every mom needs (and deserves) more time to herself, which is why we recommend the Mom’s Sanity Saver. You can treat your Mom to either 2 or 4 hours of professional kitchen and bathroom cleaning. This gives her plenty of time to relax and still come home to a clean house.
- Does your mom wish she had more time to dedicate to her personal fitness? It’s hard to visit the gym when you have so much on your plate! Treat your Mom to a massage and a Personal Training Session from the incredible Executive Fitness Leaders. It will help her get back on the fitness wagon and focus on herself for a change.
How will you spoil your mom on Mother’s Day? Let us know in the comments!