6 tips to gift yourself more time. September 09 2014
Life can be pretty busy on a 'normal' month, but given that 78% of Canadians vacation in the summer, it's safe to say that September feels business than most as we settle back into the reality of balancing work & home. Here are a few tips to help you feel more in control of your time.
1. Start the day a little earlier. Don't knock it til you've tried it! Starting early gives you a chance to check a few things off your to-do list before you'd normally even get up. Mornings present crisp, clear air and no interruptions.
2. Tackle the important stuff first. Get important things done early and the rest of the day you will have this confident feeling that will fuel your productive momentum.
3. Share the workload with others. Consider colleagues or family; there is a chance you are doing more than your fair share. Time to correct that by asking others to help you out a little. They will actually feel good about helping you too, so it's a win/win.
4. Plan your gifts in advance. Givopoly's scheduler allows you to book gift delivery day and weeks in advance, so you can book your fall birthdays and anniversaries early.
5. Mark your calendar. Clear your head of it's responsibility to remember dates by marking everything in your calendar the moment it is committed to. Smartphone calendars are the best because you can schedule yourself a friendly reminder and they are never far away.
6. Turn off email push notifications. Having a smartphone at our fingertips is both a blessing and a curse from a time perspective. By turning off the push notifications, you can reduce the time wasted neurotically checking email every time you hear that ping. Checking every 2 hours is enough.
Start with the above and before you know it you'll have found an extra hour or two in your day… and that is a priceless gift by anyone's measure.
*Absolutely made up statistic. Coincidentally 78%* of stats posted on the internet are made up. ;)